Designed in 1958 by the late Wendell Ross, Pequot Golf Club has been played by names such as Jack Nicklaus, who in 1966 set the “official” course record of 65 which still stands today.
Pequot Golf Club has a fully stocked pro shop with all of the latest equipment at great prices. Rental clubs are also available.
After your round, enjoy a light meal in our historic clubhouse or on our patio overlooking the 18th green. If you’re planning a golf outing, bachelor party, or banquet let Pequot’s friendly staff tailor all of your golfing and dining needs.
Pequot Golf Course Earns Five Star Review
Top 10 Reasons to play Pequot Golf Club
(1) A mix of more open and tighter holes. Pequot is more diverse and scenic than courses with mainly woodland.
(2) Variety: Uphill and downhill; big greens and small; a mix of fairway and greenside bunkers.
(3) Limited use of major water hazards; the course favors bunkers.
(4) Not far from the ocean here, the wind is far more a factor here, adding both interest and challenge.
(5) Higher playability for mid and especially higher-handicap golfers.
(6) Some tough and some tight par-4’s in the moderate-to-long range.
(7) Four doglegs, a balance of both right and left.
(8) Tough approach shots keep you honest on all but a few holes.
(9) One of the most striking courses in Connecticut.
(10) Only two par fives here, making it much harder for low-handicappers. Four stellar par-3s.